Tis the season…no not Christmas but when all the “best of 2012” lists start popping up. This edition of Warp and Woof is going to celebrate “books” by bringing together many such lists.
More importantly, the comment section is your place to offer your best book/s of 2012. Choose by category or offer that book that stood above the rest, you will see my picks at the end of the post.
(Editor’s Note: I do not include lists offered only as a slideshow on the webpage. I will continue to update this page as I see new lists, so please let me know what I have missed.)
Best Books of 2012
- Publishers Weekly – Assorted lists by category.
- NPR – Another set of lists by category, with more to come.
- Slate – Staff Picks
- Huffington Post – Editor’s Picks
- New York Times – Editor’s Picks
- Washington Post – Best of fiction, non-fiction and comic books (graphic novels)
- Amazon Best Sellers – This is just for comic relief. After reading all the lists of what we should read, look at what we are actually reading…Actually its not that funny, going to cry now.
Best Books of 2012 (Bible/Christianity)
- Biblical Foundations – Andrea Köstenberger offers top books in Biblical Studies.
My Top 6 Books of 2012 (Alphabetical)
- 11/22/63 – Stephen King
- Give them Grace – Elyse M. Fitzpatrick & Jessica Thompson
- Quiet – Susan Cain
- The Pastor – Eugene Peterson
- Prepositions and Theology in the Greek New Testament – Murray J. Harris
- The Storytelling Animal – Jonathan Gottshcall
And one more, an old book that I read for the first time this year…How to Read a Book – Mortimer J. Adler & Charles Van Doren. Everyone should read this book!
Alright, there is my list. Now give me yours…